frequently asked questions
- What are the eligibility requirements for the Courses offered?
Click on Tab - "Courses" on the Home Page and select the Course you wish to pursue to know all details about the Course and Eligibility Criteria.
- When does the admission process begin for the current academic year?
Registrations are open throughout the year.
Admission to all License courses, UG & PG Degree and Diploma (Polytechnic) courses open from March to September every Academic Year. Due to Covid the same has been extended. For further details please get in touch with the Admissions Dept via WhatsApp.
- Is Hindustan Academy affiliated and approved to offer Courses?
Yes. All the courses offered by the 3 institutions under Hindustan Academy i.e., Hindustan Aviation Academy, Hindustan Business School and Hindustan Electronics Academy (Polytechnic) are affiliated and approved by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation, under the Ministry of Civil Aviation of the Govt of India, Bengaluru (North) University, Directorate for Technical Education Board of the Govt of Karnataka, AIl India Council of Technical Education, Govt of India and IATA Authorised Training Centre, Canada.
- When do the lectures / classes commence?
Classes commence in June & July each year, but the exact dates vary depending on the Course. Due to Covid the schedules are updated as per Govt regulations and University notices.
Please communicate directly with our Admissions Team / direct Department's Head of the Departments to know about class schedules.
- What kind of extracurricular activities are offered at Hindustan Academy?
At Hindustan Academy, due importance is given to extracurricular activities for the overall development of the students. Students are encouraged to take part in the Annual Sports and Cultural Day Competitions, Quiz competitions, Debates and Seminars to enhance their overall skill sets.
- Are hostel facilities available for Boys and Girls?
Yes, hostel facilities are available separately for both boys and girls. We associate/outsource the Hostel operations to premium Hospitality companies like OYO, Stanza Living, Isthara, etc. The hostel facilities are in high demand, hence the students are allotted on first-cum first-served basis. However, enough private accommodations are available near the campus, if our college hostels do not suit your liking we can help you find a suitable Paying Guest and Hostels etc.
- Who are the faculty at Hindustan Academy?
Our faculty members are a highly committed team, well qualified and have sufficient industry experience that enables them to teach and engage students in an interesting, innovative and positive learning experience.
- What kind Technical facilities available at Hindustan Academy?
Hindustan Academy is globally renowned for its facilities and infrastructure for all the technical courses. Workshops are provided with all necessary equipment and facilities. At Hindustan Academy students are trained on fully functional and live aircrafts, engines, and specially equiped with the most modern automobile lab to enable students to learn. We also provide Industry experience through tie-ups and partnerships with IndiGo, Air Works India Engg, ST Engineering Singapore, etc. This enables students to get hands on experience which assure them to get direct placements. For detailed facilities provided please open the tab Academy/Course/Facilities to see pictures or visit us in person.
- What kinds of career placement facilities are offered at Hindustan Academy?
The career guidance & placement division of Hindustan Academy assists all students in finding the best opportunities. The Industry collaboration with IndiGo, Air Works India Engg and ST Engg Singapore also help with providing immediate employment for the students depending on successful completion of the course. Placement Dept is in constant and good contact with various companies to suit the courses offered by Hindustan Academy.
General FAQs for International Students
- What is the Eligibility criteria for International Students or Students who are not citizens of India?
International Students must apply for an Equivalence Certificate from the Association of Indian Universities and submit the same to be eligible for Admission.
- What are the accommodation alternatives available to international students?
Hostel facilities are available separately for both boys and girls. We associate/outsource the Hostel operations to premium Hospitality companies like OYO, Stanza Living, Isthara, etc. The hostel facilities are in high demand, hence the students are allotted on first-cum first-served basis. However, enough private accommodations are available near the campus, if our college hostels do not suit your liking we can help you find a suitable Paying Guest and Hostels etc.
- Is registration with the FRRO office mandatory for International Students?
Yes, it is mandatory. All international students staying in India for longer than 6 months are required to register with the Foreigners Regional Registration Office (FRRO).
- What all the documents to be submitted by International Students for registering with the FRRO?
Photocopy of the passport and Student Visa
Four photographs of the applicant
Details of residence in India
Provisional / Admission Letter from the University/College/Institution
Proof of Bank Account/sufficient funds for non-scholarship students
- What all documents required for foreign students coming to India? What are the Documents required for Application of Student Visa?
(we request to kindly check with the Indian Embassy regarding the documents required, as they may change from time to time).
Valid Passport (minimum for six months).
Provisional / Admission Letter
Proof of availability of sufficient funds for the duration of studies in India for self-financing or NRI students.
Student Visa (not required for the children of Indian Diaspora).
Proof of long term (at least three years)/permanent residence in the country Application.
- What is a student visa? What are the pre-requisites to obtain a Student Visa to India?
India offers various kinds of Visas, depending on the purpose of visit. The student visa is a visa specifically for students who wish to come to India to pursue their education.
Student visas are issued for the duration of the academic course of study or for a period of 5 years whichever is less, on the basis of letters of admission (provisional) from Universities / Colleges or educational Institutions in India. The children of NRIs and PIO card holders need not have to procure a student visa.
International students must obtain Student Visa from the Indian Visa Office / Indian Embassy by applying with the necessary documents. International Students need to procure a Letter of Admission / Admission Letter from the recognised Colleges or Institution prior to applying for a Student Visa.
- What are the Documents required at the time of Admission for International Students?
1.Passport size photographs - 10 Nos
2.Marks Sheet from their previous School, College, Universities or any professional institutions.
3.copy of passport
At the time of Admission (joining);
1.Visa in the name of the respective Academy. (whether Hindustan Aviation Academy, Hindustan Electronics Academy or Hindustan Business School)
3.Medical Certificates (proving fitness.)
3.Residential Permission from the Local Police Department i.e., Bangalore Police, Karnataka State.
4.Equivalence Certificate from AIU (Association of Indian Universities), Delhi.
- What are the steps to complete the process of Registration starting from the Embassy till the end (time of Admission)?
1.You must obtain a provisional admission letter from the Academy.
2.Obtain a Visa Endorsement in your Passport, stating that you are taking admission in the Academy for the duration of the course.
3.Obtain Residential Permit from Police and FRRO (Foreigner Regional Registration Office).
- Is there an Interview Process and an Extrance Exam for International Students?
There is no Interview (personal or panel interview process), however, you need to be present at the time of Admission
Entrance Exam -
There is no Entrance Exam. Your admission is based on your 12th Grade or Equivalent marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. International Students are to obtain an Equivalent Certificate from the Association of Indian Universities
- What is the Admission procedure for International Students? (for AME course and all other courses)
1. Foreign students are eligible for AME course if they have passed courses equivalent to 10th and 12th grade / standard in their respective countries.
2. They must do the initial Registration by paying a Registration Fee at the college. You may transfer the Registration Fee to the Academy’s Bank Account; which you will receive upon request.
3. A Bonafide Certificate will be issued by the college after Registration. This Bonafide Certificate is required for applying for a Student Visa.
4. The applicant may apply for Visa endorsement in the name of Hindustan Aviation Academy at the nearest Indian Embassy in their respective home country.
5. The candidate should apply for Equivalent Certificate from AIU - Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi. AIU will then forward the Equivalent Certificate to the Academy directly.
6. Admission will be confirmed onlyafter paying the Fees and verification of the Certificates.
7. After the admission is confirmed, the Academy will apply online for the FSIS No. on behalf of the student to the Foreign Regional Registration Office, Bangalore.
8. After receiving a FSIS No. a Bonafide Certificate will be given to the student to apply for a Residential Permit (RP) from FRRO office.
9. The Academy will apply for Security Clearance from the Ministry of External Affairs, Ministry of Home Affairs and the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) intimated during this process.
10. Upon receiving a Security clearance the student must apply for A.M.E Computer Number to the DGCA.
11. As per the latest instructions by the FRRO, a monthly Attendance Report of the student will be forwarded to FRRO by the Academy.
Indian StudentsAdmission Procedure for AME
1. 10 & 12th Pass with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics
2. 10th and 12th Mark sheet verification from respective boards.
3. Medical certificate for Physical fitness and Colour vision
4. Six Passport size photographs
5. Six attested copies of 10 and 12thMark sheet
6. Transfer Certificate