frequently asked questions
- What are the eligibility requirements for these programmes?
Please click on the 'Courses offered' tab and chose the course of your interest or select ONLINE registration which will enable to you to know the eligibility.
- When does the admission process begin for the current academic year?
Registrations are open through the year. Admission to all Degree programmes open from April to September. Admission to EASA P66 B1/B2 5 years Structure Type Training course has 2 sessions; December - January & June - July.
- Do the institutions of Hindustan Academy have all the necessary affiliations?
Yes. All the courses offered by the 3 institutions under Hindustan Academy are properly regulated, authorised and approved by the concerned University, Directorate for Technical Education, AICTE and Civil Aviation Authorities.
- When do the lectures / classes commence?
Normally, classes commence in June & July each year, but the exact dates vary depending on the program. Please visit the Courses tab or Latest News on our website.
- What kind of extra-curricular activities offered at Hindustan Academy?
At Hindustan Academy, due importance is given to Extra-curricular activities for the overall development of the students. Students are encouraged to take part in the Annual Sports and Cultural Day Competitions, Quiz competitions, Debates and Seminars depending their aptitude and talents.
- Are hostel facilities available for Boys and Girls?
Yes, hostel facilities are available separately for both boys and girls. The hostel facilities are in high demand, hence the students are allotted on first-cum first-served basis. However enough private accommodations are available near the campus, if our college hostels do not suit your liking we can help you find a suitable Paying Guest, Lodges, etc.
- Who are the faculty at Hindustan Academy?
We have a highly committed team of faculty, well qualified and holds sufficient industry experience that enables them to teach and engage students in an interesting, innovative and positive learning experience.
- What kind Technical facilities available at Hindustan Academy
Hindustan Academy is known for its facilities and infrastructure for all the technical courses. Workshops are provided with all necessary equipment and facilities. At Hindustan Academy students are trained on fully functional and live aircrafts, engines, and specially equiped with the most modern automobile lab to enable students to learn. This enables students to get hands on experience which assure them to get direct placements. For detailed facilities provided please open the tab Academy/Course/Facilities.
- What kinds of career placement facilities are offered at Hindustan Academy?
The career guidance & placement division of Hindustan Academy assist all students in finding the best opportunities. Placement division has good contact with various companies to suit the courses offered by Hindustan Academy.
General FAQs for International Students
- Do international students need to take the GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, IELTS or any such tests?
Indian universities do not insist on the above scores related to the courses offered by Hindustan. However, since the academic programmes are taught in English medium, proficiency in English is a must.
- What are the accommodation alternatives available to international students?
Hostel facilities are available separately for both boys and girls. Hostel facilities are of high standard and foreign students are also accommodated in our Hostel. The hostel facilities are in high demand, hence the students are allotted on first-cum first-served basis. However enough private accommodations are available near the campus
- Is registration with the FRRO office mandatory?
All international students staying in India for longer than 6 months are required to register with the Foreigners Regional Registration Office (FRRO).
- What all the documents required for FRRO registration?
Photocopy of the passport and initial visa
Four photographs of the applicant
Details of residence in India
HIV test report from one of the WHO recognized institutions for people in the age group of 15 to 60
Provisional admission certificate from the university/college/institution
Proof of Bank Account/sufficient funds for non-scholarship students
- What all documents required for foreign students coming to India? What are the Documents required for Application of Student Visa?
(we request to kindly check with the Indian Embassy regarding the documents required, as they may change from time to time).
Valid Passport (minimum for six months).
Provisional admission certificate from a university or a college or institution.
Proof of availability of sufficient funds for the duration of studies in India for self-financing or NRI students.
Health certificate and AIDS-free certificate.
Student Visa (not required for the children of Indian Diaspora).
Proof of long term (at least three years)/permanent residence in the country Application.
- What is a student visa? What are the pre-requisites to obtain a Student Visa to India?
India offers various kinds of Visas, depending on the purpose of visit. The student visa is a visa specifically for students who wish to come to India to pursue their education.
Student visas are issued for the duration of the academic course of study or for a period of 5 years whichever is less, on the basis of letters of admission (provisional) from Universities / Colleges or educational Institutions in India. The children of NRIs and PIO card holders need not have to procure a student visa.
International students must obtain Student Visa from the Indian Visa Office / Indian Embassy by applying with the necessary documents. International Students need to procure a Letter of Admission / Admission Letter from the recognised Colleges or Institution prior to applying for a Student Visa.
- What are the Documents required at the time of Admission?
1.Passport size photographs - 10 Nos
2.Marks Sheet from their previous School, College, Universities or any professional institutions.
3.copy of passport.
At the time of Admission (joining);
1.Visa in the name of the respective Academy. (whether Hindustan Aviation Academy, Hindustan Electronics Academy or Hindustan Business School)
3.Medical Certificates (proving fitness.)
3.Residential Permission from the Local Police Department i.e., Bangalore Police, Karnataka State.
4.Equivalence Certificate from AIU (Association of Indian Universities), Delhi.
- What are the steps to complete the process of Registration starting from the Embassy till the end (time of Admission).
1.You must obtain a provisional admission letter from the Academy.
2.Obtain a Visa Endorsement in your Passport, stating that you are taking admission in the Academy for the duration of the course.
3.Obtain Residential Permit from Police / FRRO (Foreigner Regional Registration Office).
- Is there an Interview Process and an Extrance Exam?
There is no Interview (personal or panel interview process), however you need to be present at the time of Admission
Entrance Exam -
There is no Entrance Exam. Your admission is based on your 12th Grade or Equivalent marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathemathics. International Students are to obtain a Equivalent Certificate from the Association of Indian Universities, 16, Comrade Indrajit Gupta Marg, New Delhi - 110002.
- What is the Admission procedure for International Students? (for AME course and all other courses)
1. Foreign students are eligible for AME course if they have passed courses equivalent to 10th and 12th grade / standard in their respective countries.
2. They must do the initial Registration by paying a Registration Fee at the college. You may transfer the Registration Fee to the Academy’s Bank Account; which you will receive upon request.
3. A Bonafide Certificate will be issued by the college after Registration. This Bonafide Certificate is required for applying for a Student Visa.
4. The applicant may apply for Visa endorsement in the name of Hindustan Aviation Academy at the nearest Indian Embassy in their respective home country.
5. The candidate should apply for Equivalent Certificate from AIU - Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi. AIU will then forward the Equivalent Certificate to the Academy directly.
6. Admission will be confirmed onlyafter paying the Fees and verification of the Certificates.
7. After the admission is confirmed, the Academy will apply online for the FSIS No. on behalf of the student to the Foreign Regional Registration Office, Bangalore.
8. After receiving a FSIS No. a Bonafide Certificate will be given to the student to apply for a Residential Permit (RP) from FRRO office.
9. The Academy will apply for Security Clearance from the Ministry of External Affairs, Ministry of Home Affairs and the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) intimated during this process.
10. Upon receiving a Security clearance the student must apply for A.M.E Computer Number to the DGCA.
11. As per the latest instructions by the FRRO, a monthly Attendance Report of the student will be forwarded to FRRO by the Academy.
Indian StudentsAdmission Procedure for AME
1. 10 & 12th Pass with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics
2. 10th and 12th Mark sheet verification from respective boards.
3. Medical certificate for Physical fitness and Colour vision
4. Six Passport size photographs
5. Six attested copies of 10 and 12thMark sheet
6. Transfer Certificate