BSc Aircraft Maintenance is a full-time undergraduate degree course affiliated to Bengaluru North University as per the National Education Policy (NEP) 2022.
This course aims to prepare Students for careers in the field of Aeronautics & Aerospace. They undergo training in exciting areas like Aerospace Mechanics, Aerospace Aerodynamics, Electrical & Electronic Fundamentals for Maintenance Engineers, Materials & Hardware, Human Factors, Aviation Legislation, Aircraft Structures, Gas Turbine and Piston Propulsion, Engineering Techniques along with Hands-On Practical Training & Experience on Live Operational & Serviceable Aircrafts at facilities of IndiGo and Air Works India Engineering Pvt Ltd.
The BSc (Hons) Aircraft Maintenance is offered with the following objectives:
- To help students experience Aeronautics & Aerospace through Theory and Practicals directly in relation to Aero planes & Helicopters.
- To provide Hands-on Practical training & Experience on aircraft (at IndiGo and Air Works India Pvt Ltd. facilities in Bangalore International Airport and Hosur Aerodrome).
- To develop the skills to identify problems that may be detrimental to the safe operations of an Aircraft in the quickest and safest possible manner.
- To create a habit for "attention to detail" and precision without compromising on Safety & Quality.
- To offer "exit" options to Students. Students can exit the course at the end of any Academic Year as per the National Education Policy 2022. Students can exit the course after 2 years with a Diploma or after 3 years with a BSc degree or complete the whole 4 years course with a BSc (Hons) degree in Aircraft Maintenance.
The various job roles that Students can have upon successful completion are mentioned below
- Line Maintenance Engineers / Technicians
- Base Maintenance Engineers / Technicians
- Support Technical services like Production planning, Component management, Material management, Maintenance planning, Technical publications, Documentation, etc.
- Airworthiness, Quality Assurance, Compliance monitoring
- Continous Airworthiness Management & Operations (CAMO)
- Planning of Aircraft Servicing, Crew, Production, Flight Operations, Technical Services.
- Ground Equipment Engineering & Management
- Airport Services & Management such as Transportation, Hospitality, Baggage handling and Logistics (air cargo), Fuel Supply Management & Quality Control, Estate Management and Air Field Security.
- Corporate Fleet Management; Purchase & Sale, Lease & Charters, Conversions and Scrapping.
- Air Traffic Control
- Aircraft Dispatcher
- Flight Engineer or Pilot
- Cabin Crew
- Scheduling & Network Planning
- Airside Safety & Security
- Data analysts – flight data, commercial data, route revenue, business development, etc
- Civil Aviation Regulatory - Government Authorities
- NDT Engineers, Composite Engineers, Sheet Metal Engineers
With the number of passenger aircraft expected to triple in the next five years and with the installation of improved infrastructure at all the major airports, graduates with the academic training in technical or non-technical areas of Aviation are expected to be in good demand in the near future in India and abroad.
Click here to view the Placement Records
Candidates should have passed 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Candidates who have completed their Diploma in Mechanical / Aeronautical / Electrical / Electronics Engg from any board of Directorate of Technical Education.
If you have any further doubts, please feel free to contact our admission desk in-charge Mr P M Paul (+91) 8971404357 and Mr Benil Benjamin (+91) 9740037853 via Whatsapp.
Direct line access Monday to Friday - 9am to 5pm & Saturday - 9am to 1pm